Search for Unclaimed Property at NAUPA
About the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA)
"National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) is a non-profit organization attached to the National Association of State Treasurers and the Council of State Government in the United States. As part of State Government, NAUPA is responsible for unclaimed property administration and compliance, to help actively find rightful owners of unclaimed property as well as hold onto and manage unclaimed property until it is rightly claimed. It protects the property of the US. citizens from having their assets seized by someone else."
About the Unclaimed Property Program of NAUPA
The Unclaimed Property Program of NAUPA aims to help individuals in the United States find unclaimed properties they lose. “Unclaimed property” just means property that has passed out of someone’s possession and to which no one else has a legal claim. There are two ways on NAUPA website that allows you to search for property that you may have a legal right to claim as your own. MissingMoney.com is a national combined database of unclaimed property endorsed by the NAUPA, from which you can search all participating states to find out your missing money, property and assets. Alternatively, you can link to all state unclaimed property database individually from NAUPA, and search your unclaimed property in each state database.
Both ways supported by NAUPA unclaimed property program is easy, convenient, and completely free. You can find out whether there is any unclaimed property that you have a right to call your own from NAUPA website. The service is online and is completely not-for-profit.
How to search for unclaimed property at National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA)?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A resident of the United States.
- Go to the National Association of Unclaimed Property Administrators (NAUPA) website at: http://www.unclaimed.org.
- Click on "missing money" quick link on the left side of the home page directly.
- On missing money.com website, enter your first name, last name, and your resident state or province into the required field, and then click on "Go" button to search for your missing money in the combined database on NAUPA.
- Alternatively, if you want to search your unclaimed property by state or province, click on a state, territory, or province that you have lived from the map or select it from drop box on the home page, and you'll be automatically linked to the state database of the unclaimed property program. Make sure you have searched all the places you have lived in.
- Find unclaimed property search on the linked page, enter your personal information, and then you can start search for your unclaimed property in that state, territory or province.
- For further information, refer to the NAUPA Unclaimed Property Introduction page at: http://www.unclaimed.org/what/.
If you want to find out money that might be due to you, NAUPA website is of great help for you to start your search for your unclaimed property nationwide for sure. And, it’s free!