Install Maps Using MyTomTom
TomTom, founded in 1991, is Dutch company that manufactures automotive navigation systems. The company is the world's leading provider of in-car location and navigation products and services, including portable navigation devices, in-dash infotainment systems, fleet management solutions, maps and real-time services.
About Installing Maps Using MyTomTom
MyTomTom is a brand new platform that allows you to make the most out of your TomTom device. All TomTom models allow you to upgrade your current maps, download and install new maps using MyTomTom. The installation is easy and only takes a few minutes as long as you have a high-speed Internet connection.
Downloading and installing maps using MyTomTom is an easy, cost-effective way for you to drive with the latest map and ensure you continue to enjoy the best navigation experience.
How to install maps using MyTomTom?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Your MyTomTom account.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of the MyTomTom support application.
- Check that you have a minimum of 8GB free space on the computer.
- Go to the TomTom website at: http://www.tomtom.com/getstarted and select your country.
- Connect your navigation device to your computer and switch it on.
- Log in to your MyTomTom account with your user name and password, and click "Check for new items".
- Download the updated map, and follow the on-screen instructions to install the map.
- Once the installation is complete, you can disconnect your navigation device from your computer.
- For further information, refer to the Downloading and Installing Maps Using MyTomTom at: http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13838/~/downloading-and-installing-maps-using-mytomtom
If you are a TomTom device user, you will occasionally need to update your map by downloading and installing the latest map using MyTomTom. It's easy and cost-effective.