Look up a Business Name at Division of Corporations
About the Florida Division of Corporations
The Florida Division of Corporations is a division of the Florida Department of State. It is responsible for maintaining complete, current and correct records about the filing of all businesses and corporations in the State of Florida. It also has created searchable databases and online resources to make it easy for people to search for information about businesses registered for activity in Florida.
About looking up a business name at the Florida Division of Corporations
The sunbiz.org website maintained by the Florida Division of Corporations is an online resource created in order to make it easier for people to search for information, including business names, about any business that has filed to operate in the State of Florida. The website is completely free and can be accessed anytime.
By searching for information about business names at the Florida Division of Corporation website, sunbiz.org, you can find the information you need about any business registered in Florida quickly. The database is easy to use and information can be searched for in a many ways. Also, this service is completely free.
How can you look up a business name at the Florida Division of Corporations?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Go to the Florida Division of Corporation website at: www.sunbiz.org.
- Click on the link in the list of links at the left of the page that is marked, “Look up a business name”.
- Choose the type of company and type of search that you need from the list of links provided.
- Enter the information you have into the required field of the search engine and then click on the button marked, “Search Now.”
- Review your search results for the information you want.
- If you have any questions, please refer to the Florida Division of Corporations FAQ at: www.sunbiz.org/faqcor.html.
If you are looking for information about a business name for a business that is filed to operate in the State of Florida, you really ought to try doing a search at the website maintained by the Florida Division of Corporations. It’s very complete and the search function is easy to use.