Join SIFMA Foundation's Stock Market Game
About the SIFMA Foundation
The SIFMA Foundation is a division of the Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association, which is a trade group that lobbies for regulation that favors securities firms, investment banks and asset management firms. The SIFMA Foundation was created to foster education about finance and a free market economy. They provide educational material for schools around the country.
About the SIFMA Foundation’s Stock Market Game
The SIFMA Foundation’s Stock Market Game is an online game that allows student players to “invest” money in the stock market by buying and selling stock and slowly developing a portfolio. Students can sign up for the game at the SIFMA Foundation’s website. The game is available at levels ranging from the fourth grade to college.
Playing the SIFMA Foundation’s Stock Market Game teaches students valuable lessons about economics and finance, while also improving their mathematics, social studies and language arts skills. The game is fun to play and encourages critical thinking and cooperation among players. This is the only stock market game that is supported by the real New York Stock Exchange!
How can you register for the SIFMA Foundation's Stock Market Game?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You must be in an area that has a local SIFMA Foundation Stock Market game.
- Go to the SIFMA Foundation website at: www.stockmarketgame.org.
- Click on the red button marked, “Register Now.”
- Select your location: United States or International, and then click on the button marked, “Submit.”
- If you are in the United States of America, select your state from the drop-down menu and then click on the button marked, “Submit.”
- Read the introductory material about your local program and then click on the tab at the top of the page marked, “Register Now.”
- Select the registration type appropriate to you and then click on the button marked, “continue.”
- Fill out the application form and then click on the button marked “Continue Registration.”
- Complete the registration process as directed and get started playing!
- If you have any further questions about the Stock Market Game, please refer to the FAQ at: www.stockmarketgame.org/teachers_page5.html
If you want to learn about the stock market and develop mathematics, financial and social skills that will serve you the rest of your life, you ought to take a look at the SIFMA Foundation’s Stock Market Game.