Test the Performance of Broadband Connection
About BT Group
BT Group is an international telecommunications services company which is based in the United Kingdom. It was founded in 1846 and has now become one of the largest telecommunications services companies in the world. It operates its business in over 170 countries throughout the whole world. It is a major supplier of telecom services to corporate and government customers worldwide with its BT Global Services division. Its BT Retail division is a leading supplier of telephony, broadband and subscription television services in the UK with over 18 million customers.
About Broadband Performance Tester
The Broadband Performance Tester is an online service offered by the BT Group. It allows customers to test the performance of their broadband service. It can also assist customers’ service providers in determining if they have a problem with their service. Because there are many factors that could influence broadband performance, customers may need to carry out a number of different tests at different times of the day.
By testing the performance of your broadband connection, you can check the condition of your broadband to find out whether you have a problem with your service. The test can be conducted online, so it is easy to do.
How to test the performance of your broadband connection?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to make sure that your PC is connected to the broadband line you wish to test.
- You need to install the Java program the test website requires you to install.
- Go to the broadband performance test website at www.speedtester.bt.com and install the Java program as instructed. Then re-open the website.
- Read the instructions and then click on the “Yes” button to confirm that you have carried out the steps as directed.
- Read Note 1 and Note 2 and then select the testing method by clicking on the link appropriate for the type of broadband connection you have. For example, click on the button marked “Up to 24Mbps Speed Test (Beta)”.
- Click on the button marked “Begin Test”.
- Wait for a while and then you will see the test results on the screen.
- If you need help, you can go to the FAQ page at http://www.speedtester.bt.com/FAQ.htm.
If you are curious about the performance of your broadband, you can go to speedtester.bt.com to test your broadband connection. It is quick and convenient.