Register to Vote at California Secretary of State
About California Secretary of State
The California Secretary of State is the chief elections officer of the State of California. The Secretary of State is also responsible for the California State Archives as well as chartering corporations. He or she is elected to four year terms, concurrent with the other constitutional officers of California. The office is restricted by term limits to only two terms. The present incumbent, Debra Bowen, took office in January 2007 and she was re-elected in November 2010.
About Voter Registration at California Secretary of State
The California Secretary of State provides an online voter registration service for voters in the State of California. California voters just go to the website and fill out the Voter Registration Form and then wait for election day to cast their ballot.
By registering to vote at California Secretary of State, you do not need to go to any government office to deal with your voter registration process. It is easier, faster and more convenient for you, allowing you to save yourself time and energy.
How to register to vote at California Secretary of State?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to be a United States citizen and a resident of California.
- You need to be 18 years of age or older on election day.
- Go to the website of California Secretary of State at http://www.sos.ca.gov/.
- Click on the button marked “Register to VOTE”.
- Click on the link in the middle of the page marked “Fill Out a Voter Registration Form Now”.
- Choose the button marked “Fill out a voter registration form online and print to sign and mail” and then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Tick all the boxes to indicate that you have the right to vote and then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Enter the asked for information into the required boxes to complete the Voter Registration Form and then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Follow the instructions to complete the whole voter registration process.
- If you have any problems or questions, you can go to http://www.sos.ca.gov/elections/elections_faq.htm.
If you are a legal voter of the State of California, the California Secretary of State online voter registration might be helpful for you. Just go to their website and you can make go through the voter registration process quickly and easily.