Open an Account at Charles Schwab to Trade Stocks
About The Charles Schwab Corporation
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a brokerage and banking company which is based in the United States. It was founded in 1971 as First Commander Corporation to offer discount brokerage services to customers. It serves 7.9 million clients’ brokerage accounts from over 300 offices in the United States. It also has one office in Puerto Rico and one branch in London. It also offers services such as investment research, mutual funds, annuities, bond trading, checking, savings and mortgages.
About Charles Schwab Accounts
The Charles Schwab Corporation provides brokerage with lower commissions and fees. Customers can apply for a Charles Schwab account and then Charles Schwab will help customers with investment guidance. It offers different accounts for customers to choose from.
By opening an account at Charles Schwab, you can gain an easy way to trade stocks and mutual funds, as well as access to professional proprietary and third-party research and tools, expert perspectives on today’s markets and easy access to your money with a Visa check card, checks, online bill pay and fund transfers.
How can you open an account at Charles Schwab to trade stocks?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to have a U.S. permanent resident address.
- You need to have your social security number or tax ID handy.
- You need to have your driver’s license number handy.
- Go to the website of the Charles Schwab Corporation at www.schwab.com and then click on the button marked “Open an Account”.
- Choose the account that you want to open. Take individual account as an example. Choose the button marked “Individual account” and then click on the button marked “Apply Now”.
- Click on the button marked “Start Application”.
- Enter your name, address, phone number, identification information, and employment information into the required boxes or choose options from drop-down menus, and then click on the button marked “Next”.
- Follow instructions to complete the application process.
The Charles Schwab Corporation offers discount brokerage with low commissions and fees. Open an account at Charles Schwab and trade stocks and mutual funds and more to earn money.