Be a Volunteer at Your Local Red Cross
About American Red Cross
First stablished in Washington, D.C. on May 21, 1881, by Clara Barton, American Red Cross is the designated U.S. affiliate of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. As a humanitarian organization, American Red Cross provides emergency assistance, community services that help the needy, communications services and comfort for military members and their family members, international relief and development programs and so forth.
About Being a Volunteer at Your Local Red Cross
As a humanitarian organization providing help internationally, American Red Cross is always looking for people with various backgrounds, talents and skill levels. The website of American Red Cross offers a Participant Guide with detailed information you need to know in order to be a qualified volunteer. With this Guide and a necessary training, you'll be ready to serve people in need. American Red Cross offers many different volunteer opportunities, and its website helps you search for the suitable one in your local area. B37
Helping people brings a lot of pleasure. But if you don't want to travel a long distance to do volunteer job, then being a volunteer at your local Red Cross would be a best choice. With a detailed Participant Guide and necessary training, you can do well as a qualified volunteer.
How Can You Be a Volunteer at Your Local Red Cross?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- An American Red Cross account. If you are not a member, create your account at https://www.redcross.org/accounthelp/createAccount.jsp
- Go to the volunteer page of American Red Cross at http://www.redcross.org/support/volunteer.
- Click "Volunteer Opportunities" at the left column of the page.
- Scroll your mouse down, and you'll find the searching area. Provide your local address as well as other necessary information to narrow the search. Then click "Search".
- There will be a list of volunteer jobs available at your local place, click to choose one and see the detailed information.
- Click the red button marked "I want to help!".
- Log in with your American Red Cross account.
- Provide necessary information and then follow the instructions on the screen to complete.
- For further information, refer to the help center at http://redcross.volunteermatch.org/help/c/webframe.html.
Do you love helping people? Do you enjoy volunteer job? If the answers are yes, then working as a volunteer at your local Red Cross would be a good choice. The website of American Red Cross helps you to search for volunteer opportunities at your local place so that you can easily find the very job you'd like to do. Near your house and family, in your own city or community, serve other people you care, there are reasons you choose and love local Red Cross volunteering!