Register for HMRC Online Services
About the HMRC
HMRC, also known as Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, is a non-ministerial department which belongs to UK government. It was formed by Inland Revenue and Her Majesty’s Customs and Excise. Its major responsibility is to collect taxes and payment of several forms of state support. HMRC is also a law enforcement agency.
About HMRC Online Services
HMRC (HM Revenue & Customs) invites you to register for its online service. After you have signed up for a HMRC account, you will be able to submit and pay VAT Returns, check VAT EU Refunds, get self assessment and manage many other things. Only after you have registered for an HMRC account can you enroll for the specific services you wish to use.
Registering to use HMRC online services is fairly quick and easy. Every step will be explained very clear and it just takes you a couple of minutes to finish the process. And afterwards, you are accessible to many of the specific services offered by HMRC, including VAT, Self Assessment and so on.
How to register to use HMRC online services?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Go to HMRC online service registration page at: www.online.hmrc.gov.uk. Click "Register" to start.
- Select "Individual" to continue. Select the services you want you use (tick in the box). Click "Next" to continue.
- Coming up is a page telling you things you need to prepare. Click "Next" to continue.
- Remember you should write down the user ID HMRC arranges for you on the following page.
- Enter the required information, including personal information, password. Always click "Next" to continue.
- Enter the details of your VAT to finish the process, including VAT Registration Number, principal place of business postcode, date of registration for VAT, final month of last VAT return submitted and box 5 figure on last VAT returned submitted.
- To read HMRC terms and conditions please refer to: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/information/terms.
- If there is any question, please refer to: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/information/faqs.
If you think that would like to use HMRC Online services, for example, VAT Check and Payment, then go to register now!