reserve a computer at New York Public Library
About the New York Public Library
The New York Public Library (NYPL), located in New York city, is one of the largest public libraries in the United States. It has 87 branches in the New York and the total collections of the NYPL have now exceeded 65 million items. In combination with its lending collections, NYPL owns the most comprehensive library collection for the free use of the public.
About the PC Reservation Service
PC reservation service is one of considerate and convenient services provided for New York Public Library users. The NYPL provides free access to the Internet as well as various desktop publishing programs and other software applications for users. Users with a valid NYPL library card may reserve a computer to use in any of NYPL location. You can just go to NYPL official website to make your PC reservation one day in advance. All cardholders who want to make a reservation must adhere to the New York Public Library's Guidelines for Reserving a Computer, which is posted on the web page of: http://www.nypl.org/help/computers-internet-and-wireless-access/reserving-computer.
Making an online PC reservation via the official website of New York Public Library is an easy, convenient and free way for cardholders to reserve and use a computer in the library. You can use it to access resources in the NYPL library to search what you want.
How to reserve a computer at New York Public Library?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A valid library card as well as a valid Personal Identification Number (PIN) at NYPL.
- Go to the New York Public Library website at: http://www.nypl.org.
- Find and click on the "Reserve a PC" link from "Using the Library" drop-down list on the home page.
- Click on "PC reservation service" or "Reserving a Computer" link on the page, and you'll e led to PC Reservation Web Module page.
- Select a library location where you'd like to use a computer, and then click "Reserve a PC".
- Enter your Library Card Number, Personal Identification Number (PIN), select the area, date and time of your use, then click "submit" to submit your request.
- For further information, refer to the Guidelines for Reserving a Computer page at: http://www.nypl.org/help/computers-internet-and-wireless-access/reserving-computer.
If you are a cardholder of the New York Public Library and want to reserve a Library PC, you can go to New York Public Library official website to make a reservation. And, it’s free!