Become a Member of State Employees' Credit Union
About State Employees’ Credit Union
State Employees’ Credit Union is federally insured, state chartered cooperative financial institution in the United States. It is founded in 1937 with its headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina. Now, it is the second largest natural member credit union in America. It is a non-for-profit cooperative. It provides its members financial services at lower costs and a wide range of financial products.
About Becoming a Member of SECU
Only the employees of the state of North Carolina and their families are allowed to join in State Employees’ Credit Union. If you want to get a membership, you need to open a share account with a minimum deposit of $25.
All the members can get access to the benefits it provides. You can get loans at lower rates and get deposits at higher rates. In addition, you can enjoy specific financial products and services with lower fees. Even a North Carolina citizen can also benefit. SECU Foundation provides grants, scholarship and more to promote local and community development.
How Can You Become a Member of State Employees' Credit Union?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A saving account with a minimum deposit of $25.
- One of the following browsers installed onto your computer: Internet Explorer (IE) 7.0, Safari 1.3.2, or Mozilla FireFox 3.0.
- Go to the State Employees’ Credit Union website at www.NCSECU.org.
- Click on the link “Enroll in Member Access” at the upper left part of the page.
- Click on the orange button marked “Enroll Now”.
- Enter 16-digit ATM/Debit card number and 3-digit voice response number into the required boxes.
- Tick the box to indicate “I have read and accept the terms listed above” and then click on the button marked “Continue”.
- Create your User ID and password. Then enter your email address and click on the button marked “Continue”.
- Choose and answer 6 of the 22 Security Questions provided and then click on the button marked “Submit”.
Access to a membership brings a variety of benefits and is an easy, safe and free way to manage your credit union account online, all with just a click of a button!