Register for Canada Savings Bond Online Services
About Canada Savings Bond
The website of Canada Savings Bond or CSB is the official Savings Bond site of the Canadian government, which provides useful information for Canadian investors, including current rates, forms, calculators and information for financial institutions. As investment instruments, CSBs are debentures issued by Bank of Canada and offered by government of Canada.
About CSB Online Services
Canada Savings Bonds or CSB provides CSB Online Services for bond owners and investors in Canada. CSB Online Services is open to Payroll Plan Subscribers or Certificated Bond Purchaser. You may spend a few minutes to register for CSB Online Services and access your account, no matter you are an existing or new Payroll Plan Subscriber or Certificated Bond Purchaser.
Once you registered, you can login to access all your online services at CSB Online Services website. For Payroll Plan Subscribers, you can purchase or change contributions to a CSB by automatic payroll deductions through your employer with Payroll Savings Program. You can also buy a certificated bond through CSB Online Services.
How to register for CSB Online Services?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- If you are an existing Payroll Plan owner, you are required to provide your Plan Number, direct deposit information, contribution amount and valid email address.
- If you are a new Payroll Plan participant, you are required to provide your employer's Organization ID, your Social Insurance Number and valid email address.
- If you are a Certificated Bond Purchaser, you are required to provide your address and valid email address.
- A computer with internet access.
- Go to CSB Online Services website at: http://www.mybonds.gc.ca.
- Choose your favorite language, and click "Welcome" to enter CSB online services login page.
- In login page, click "Register."
- Click relevant links to select your bond owner identification, if you are a Payroll Plan Subscriber or a Certificated Bond Purchaser.
- If you are a Payroll Plan Subscriber, choose if you are an existing or new Payroll Plan Subscriber, review required information for registration, follow instructions to complete registration process.
- If you are a Certificated Bond Purchaser, read and tick to accept agreement, fill in contact information into the required field, follow instructions to complete registration process.
- For further information, refer to CSB Help and FAQs at: http://www.csb.gc.ca/help/.