Find a Motability dealer in the UK
Motability is a government initiative that helps people with disabilities use their government-provided mobility funds to purchase a car, scooter or powered wheelchair. Started in 1977, this government plan has increased in size over the years, with over three million cars, scooters and wheelchairs having been provided to people in need.
About Motability dealers
The Motability website has a search function that allows people to search for dealers in their area that can help them find the right vehicle for them, whether that is a car, scooter or wheelchair. There are thousands of Motability dealerships across the United Kingdom and all dealers offer home visits to those that need someone to come to them.
Finding a Motability dealer is easy and convenient when you use the Motability website’s search function. Just enter your postal code and the type of assistance you are seeking and you will quickly find someone in your area that will help you find the car, scooter or wheelchair that is right for you. Motability dealers also make house calls.
How can you find a Motability dealer in the UK?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Motability is an assistance program that only exists in the United Kingdom, so you must live there to receive service.
- Go to the Motability website at: www.motability.co.uk.
- If you are looking for a car, click on the link marked, “Find a Dealer” in the box labeled, “Car Scheme.” If you are looking for a scooter or a wheelchair, click on the link marked, “Find a Dealer,” in the box labeled, “Wheelchair and Scooter Scheme.”
- Tick the boxes applicable to customize your search further and then enter your postal code into the search field. Finally, click on the button marked, “Locate Dealer.”
- Review your search results and then select the dealer you want. Contact the dealer either by telephone or the website link that is provided in their listing.
- If you have any questions about the Motability scheme, please contact Motability through their Contact page at: www.motability.co.uk/main.cfm?Type=CU.
If you are a disabled person in the United Kingdom that needs to find a car, powered scooter, or wheelchair then you really ought to head right over to the Motability website and locate a Motability dealer with their convenient search function.