Massachusetts Department of Revenue tax return
About Massachusetts Department of Revenue
The Massachusetts Department of Revenue is a division of the government of the State of Massachusetts. It was created to ensure compliance with state tax law as well as child support and municipal finance regulations. The Massachusetts Department of Revenue has a website portal providing access to its services online.
About filing a Massachusetts resident state tax return online.
The Massachusetts Department of Revenue has a website that allows residents of the State of Massachusetts to file state tax returns online. The website provides this tax return filing service to individuals and businesses. This service is completely free.
By filing your Massachusetts resident state tax return online, you will have more time to file your return because you won’t have to worry about your return missing the deadline because it’s in the mail. Also, you will get your confirmation and refund, if any, faster than if you file by mail. Finally, the online return service will automatically calculate tax you owe for you, so you won’t have to worry about making mistakes in arithmetic.
How can you a file Massachusetts resident state tax return online?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Tax-related documents, such as your W-2s, W-2Gs, 1099-INTs, and so on, as applicable.
- Go to the Massachusetts Department of Revenue web portal at: www.mass.gov/dor.
- Click on the link marked, "WebFile your return (Individuals/business)."
- Click on the link marked, "WebFile for Income."
- Click on the link marked, "Create an Account."
- Choose your account type, enter your personal information, and then choose a User Name, Password, and security question.
- Enter the letters and numbers you see in the captcha image into the required field and then tick the box indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms Use. Finally, click on button marked, "Register."
- Complete the registration process as directed and then follow instructions to file your tax return.
- For further information about filing your tax return online with the Massachusetts Department of Revenue, please refer to their FAQ at: www.mass.gov/?pageID=dorterminal&L=4&L0=Home&L1=Individuals+and+Families&L2=Personal+Income+Tax& L3=Personal+Income+Tax+FAQs&sid=Ador&b=terminalcontent&f=dor_help_nonres&csid=Ador.
We’ve all got to pay our taxes and it is never fun. However, if you are a resident of the State of Massachusetts, you can at least take advantage of their convenient online tax filing service, which lets you go through the whole process on your own computer over the internet. Try it out; it’s easy to use!