Register To Use HMRC Online Services
About HM Revenue and Customs
HM Revenue and Customs, or Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs, which may be called HMRC for short, is responsible for the collection of taxes and the payment of some of the state supports as a non-ministerial department of the UK government. The taxes it is responsible include direct taxes, indirect taxes, excise duties, stamp duty land taxes, and environmental taxes.
About HM Revenue & Customs Online Services
HM Revenue & Customs Online Services is the services provided by HM Revenue & Customs at its website. People with registered accounts can get access and use the Online Services anytime they need. Ranges of online services are offered there, all of which aim to be efficient and customer friendly.
The HM Revenue & Customs Online Services intend to provide every user with a quick, secure and convenient access to the services they need. You can register as an individual, an organization, or an agent. For individual users, personal transactions such as Self Assessment, VAT and Child Benefits are available.
How Can You Register To Use HM Revenue & Customs Online Services?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A device with internet access.
- Visit the website of HM Revenue & Customs Online Services at: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/online.
- Click "Register for HMRC online services".
- In the next page, click "HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) online services" and click “Register” in the new page. Then click “Sign up for HMRC online service” in the next page.
- You can select which type of account you want to create, Individual, Organization, Pensions, or Agent.
- Tick the services you wish to use in this online system.
- As required, provide the information you need to complete the registration.
- For further questions, please refer to Help website at: https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/information/help?helpcategory=registration.