Register for HM Revenue & Customs Online Services
About HM Revenue and Customs
HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) is a UK non-ministerial department established on April 18, 2005 by the merger of the Inland Revenue and HM Customs and Excise Departments. HMRC is in charge of the collection and administration of taxes and the payment of some forms of state support.
About the HMRC Online Services
HM Revenue & Customs provides Online Services that allow Individual, Organisation, Pensions or Agent to make transactions through internet. Online Services enrollment is now available at the HMRC website. Users can enjoy the benefits and great features of the Online Services.
The HMRC Online Services are available 24 hours a day seven days a week, so you can use them whenever it is convenient for you. Your transactions can be delivered quickly and securely. What's more, an online transaction will help save your time and reduce errors.
How to Register for HMRC Online Services?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Your HMRC information.
- Go to the HMRC website at: http://www.hmrc.gov.uk, click the "Register (new users)" link at the top left side and jump to the "Register for HMRC Online Services" page.
- Click the "Register" button and choose the type of account you want to create: Individual, Organisation, Pensions or Agent. When you have selected the service(s), you will be shown the information required to complete the enrollment.
- Confirm that you have read the terms and conditions, enter your name and email address, and create a password for your account.
- "Your User ID" will then be displayed on-screen, make a note of it and keep it safe because you will need it every time to log in to use HMRC Online Services.
- Enter the required information, and then you will receive an Activation Code. You must activate your HMRC Online Services within 28 days of the date shown on the letter before its expiration.
- For further information, refer to the HMRC Frequently Asked Questions at: https://online.hmrc.gov.uk/information/helpdesk.
Registering for the HMRC Online Services allows you to pay taxes quickly, securely and conveniently.