Get Map Updates for a Device
Garmin Ltd. is the parent company of a group of companies founded in 1989 by Gary Burrell and Min Kao. The name Garmin comes from the mixture of the two founders names (GarMin). Garmin develops consumer, aviation and marine technologies for Global Positioning System and its main products are various GPSs and avionics equipment. It is based in the United States, but it is incorporated in Switzerland.
About Garmin Lifetime Updater
Garmin Lifetime Updater is a no-hassle way for devices with nüMaps Lifetime subscriptions to get map updates. Garmin Lifetime Updater continually checks for available map updates and automatically downloads them to your advice and then it will alert you on the desktop when files are ready for you to install. There are different choices for different computer systems.
By getting map updates for a device with nüMaps, you just download files automatically your to computer and no sign-in is required nor is any web browser required. Besides, advanced options let you specify download speed and schedules. The whole process only takes a few minutes and then you have the newest map on your computer.
How to get map updates for a device with nüMaps?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A Garmin product.
- Go to the Garmin Lifetime Updater website at www.garmin.com/lifetimeupdater.
- Click the button marked “Download for Windows”.
- Click the button marked “save” to save the devices in the application.
- The application will download map updates for you automatically. After it finishes downloading, it will alert you on the desktop and then you just install them when you are ready.
- Follow the instructions to finish the update process.
- If you have any questions or problems, you can go to Garmin FAQ page at http://www.garmin.com/us/support.
The Garmin Lifetime Updater is really an easy and convenient way to update map for a Garmin product. If you have a Garmin product which needs map updates, you can should it.