Watch HD satellite TV With No Subscription
A joint venture between the BBC and ITV, freesat provides free-to-air high definition digital television to the United Kingdom. This means that viewers do not need any sort of subscription to receive programming. Customers just purchase a receiver and then they can receive programming. Freesat offers over 180 television, radio, text and other channels of content.
About watching HD satellite TV with freesat
Freesat offers free-to-air high definition satellite television to customers in the United Kingdom. Unlike most satellite television services, freesat does not sell monthly subscriptions. Customers just need to buy a receiver and have a satellite dish in place and then they can start receiving HD programming.
The major benefit of getting freesat service is there is no subscription involved. You pay once for the equipment and then you get terrific, super-clear high definition satellite television programming. There are no monthly bills to pay or accounts to stay on top of. Set up is simple and painless and does not take long to complete.
How can you watch HD satellite TV with freesat?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A satellite dish. If you do not have one, you will need to purchase one.
- You must be in the United Kingdom.
- If you intend to order your receiver over the internet, you must have a bank or credit card that can make payments over the internet.
- Go to the freesat website at: www.freesat.co.uk and run your mouse over the tab at the upper right-hand side of the page marked, “How to,” then click on the link marked, “learn more,” under the section labeled, “Buy the box and the dish, that’s it. No subscription.”
- Buy a freesat receiver by clicking on the link marked, “Browse freesat products.”
- There are a number of different freesat receivers that you can buy. Scroll through the illustrated catalog and select the receiver you want by clicking on its picture.
- Compare the prices listed from different retailers and then choose the retailer you want to buy your receiver from by clicking on the link marked, “Visit Retailer.”
- Click on the button marked “Buy Now” to buy your receiver over the internet.
- Once you have your receiver, connect it to your satellite dish and plug it in. Then, follow the instructions that appear on your television screen to complete the set-up process.
- If you have any questions about freesat, please consult their FAQ page at: www.freesat.co.uk/how-to/faqs/.
If you live in the United Kingdom and want to watch HD satellite television, then freesat is not a bad choice. You get a fair number of channels and the whole thing is free-to-air. There are no monthly subscriptions to deal with. Just plug in the equipment and you’re ready to go.