Take part in ServSafe Food Handler Program
About the National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation
The National Restaurant Association Educational Foundation is operated by the National Restaurant Association with the mission to build promising futures for students and educators. It is based in the United States and headquartered in Chicago. It conducts and organizes various programs, scholarships and events.
About ServSafe Food Handler Program
The ServSafe food handler program is a training course program developed by the National Restaurant Association which provides food handlers with food safety training courses after which they can receive a food handler card as a certificate. This certificate is nationally recognized. The training is essential to every restaurant and foodservice operation and it promotes health and cleanliness, prevents sickness, and helps ensure the well-being of every customer and employee.
By participating in the ServSafe food handler program, you will get trained in food safety and then you can get your food handler card which will ensure more job opportunities in food-related industries.
How to participate in the ServSafe food handler program to get your food handler card?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You need to have a valid email address and a credit card which can make online payments.
- Go to the website of the ServSafe food handler program at www.foodhandlerusa.com and then click on the state in which you want to get a food handler card. For example, click on the link marked “Alabama”.
- Select the course or guide that you need and then click on the button marked “Add to Shopping Cart”.
- Click on the button marked “Create New Profile”.
- Choose “Yes” or “No” button to indicate whether you are a member of the restaurant association in your state.
- Enter your personal information into the required boxes or choose answers from the drop-down menus.
- Create a user ID and password for your account, select a security question and answer it, and then click on the button marked “Save”.
- Follow instructions to complete the whole process.
- If you need help, you can go to the FAQ page at http://www.foodhandlerusa.com/faq/.
If you are not a member of the ServSafe food handler program, you need to create an account to become a member, otherwise participating in the program can be quite complicated.