Find Information of Ancestors at Findmypast
Findmypast.co.uk is one of a group of websites operated by brightsolid and is owned by brightsolid online publishing limited. It was started in 1965 as Title Research and now it provides various information and services including UK family history records, family history news, “starting a free family tree”, and quick search to find ancestors in their vast collection of family history records and so on.
About Ancestors Information Search
Findmypast.co.uk offers a quick search function to find visitors’ ancestors from their vast collection of family history records. By just entering his or her family name, a visitor can find information about his or her ancestors.
By finding information about your ancestors at Findmypast.co.uk, you can get to know more about your family and where you came from and gain a better understanding of your background and family history. The online search is easy, fast and convenient. It only takes only a few seconds and it is completely free.
How to find information of ancestors at Findmypast.co.uk?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Since the database primarily contains information about families in the UK, your ancestors must have lived in the UK, otherwise there will be no record.
- Go to the website of Findmypast.co.uk at http://www.findmypast.co.uk/home.jsp.
- Enter the family name of your ancestors into the required box, then enter the first name, birth year and death year into the boxes if you know these to get more accurate information, and then click on the button marked “Search”.
- Once you see the search results on the screen, you then just click the links that you are interested in to get to know more about your ancestors.
- If you need help, you can check the help page of Findmypast.co.uk at http://www.findmypast.co.uk/help-and-advice/getting-started/interested-family-history.
I think everyone is interested in their ancestors. If you want to know more about your family history and to know what happened to your ancestors, you can use Findmypast.co.uk as a way to get started with your research.