Request for a Credit Report at Equifax
Equifax is a credit reporting agency. It is founded in 1899 with its headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia, and considered the oldest credit risk assessment institution. It has grown into one of the three largest credit reporting agencies in America. Equifax operates global service and gathers and maintains credit related information from almost 400 million consumers around the world.
About A Credit Report
A credit report is important for anyone who wants to apply for a loan. It contains information about payment history like late payments, missed payments, loans rescheduled and bankruptcy etc. And it influences whether or not an individual can get a loan and what term he or she gets. Meanwhile, for a lender it is an assessment of credit risk he or she may take in a potential investment.
To help you keep an eye on your credit and get prepared better, Equifax offers a free and discounted credit report. It is very easy to request for a credit report and can be done in a few minutes. Request fee varies depending on which state you live in.
How to request for a free or discounted credit report at Equifax?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Go to the Equifax Free and Discounted Disclosures website at www.Equifax.com/fcra.
- Enter your personal information as required.
- Indicate your length of stay at your current residence is more than two years or not.
- Select the reason for your request among the options given.
- Complete the online filing as instructed.
- If you have more questions, you can visit the website at https://help-en.equifax.ca/.
A credit report can help you monitor your credit situation and get prepared better for a loan. The credit report service Equifax offers is very easy and convenient. So it is really good for you to request now!