Find A Job With The Help Of Directgov
Directgov is an online service portal developed by the government of the United Kingdom to help people in England and Wales gain easy access to public services of all kinds. Whether you are searching for a job, an education, or a childcare provider, or you need information regarding your taxes, pension, or health services, Directgov has news you can use.
About Directgov Job Search
Directgov offers jobseekers with a valuable tool for finding a job that is right for them. This tool is the Directgov Jobs and Skills search, an online database that allows users to search for positions available in their geographical location and area of interest or expertise. It is updated daily, with thousands of new job listings appearing all the time.
Directgov allows you to search for a job from your home or office computer quickly and easily. This web-based application takes a lot of the pain out of searching for work, letting you print out listings as you go or even save your favorites online. It can also help you find volunteer work, so that you can develop new skills that will make you a more attractive job candidate in the future.
How Can You Find A Job With The Help Of Directgov?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A device with internet access.
- Go to the Directgov website at: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/index.htm.
- Choose the last line marked "Working.jobs and pensions". Slide your mouse to the "A to Z" section, and click on the "Finding a job". Then there are a list of jobs there, choose the one you preferred. For example, if you want to become an apprentice, click on the relative link.
- Read the overview of becoming an apprentice, click on the link marked with "Search for an apprenticeship" under the section of "How to apply".
- Click on the link marked "Search the find an apprenticeship service" to continue.
- Enter the job title, reference number, employer and your location as well as others in the required box. Click on the green "Search" button to continue.
- Follow the instructions on screen to finish the survey step by step.
- Once you have found a job listing that you like, you may print it out. Use the contact information included in that job listing to find out how to apply for the job. Good luck!
- For further information and job seeking advice, you may refer to the Directgov Looking for Work information website at: http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Jobseekers/LookingForWork/index.htm.