Apply for a Work Permit at CIC to Obtain More Chances
About Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Citizenship and Immigration Canada is the department of the Canadian government which is responsible for issues dealing with immigration and citizenship. It was established in 1994. It operates a large network of citizenship and immigration centers throughout Canada as well as at some embassies, high commissions and consulates abroad.
About Work Permit at Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Citizenship and Immigration Canada releases work permits for foreign workers who enter Canada to get temporary jobs there. For some jobs, a work permit is not required, but some jobs do require a work permit. Anyway, with a work permit, foreign workers will have more work opportunities.
By applying for a work permit at Citizenship and Immigration Canada, you will have more job chances than those who do not have work permits and the application process is presented on the website of CIC. It is easy to apply for one.
How to apply for a work permit at Citizenship and Immigration Canada?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Your employer may need to get a labor market opinion from Human Resource and Social Development Canada.
- You need to meet the general requirements for entering the country and for staying there.
- Go to Citizenship and Immigration Canada website at http://www.cic.gc.ca/ and then click on the button to choose the language you want to use. Take English as an example. Click on the button marked “English”.
- Click on the link located at the left of the website marked “Work Temporarily”.
- Click on the link located at the right of the website marked “How to Apply”.
- Read the instructions and just follow the instructions to submit your application.
- If you have any questions or problems, you can go to their FAQ page at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/faq/work/index.asp.
If you are a foreign worker in Canada, you’d better apply for a work permit at Citizenship and Immigration Canada to make working in Canada easier.