Apply for California LifeLine
About California Public Utilities Commission
California Public Utilities Commission is a regulatory agency of the state of California, which regulates privately-owned public utilities, such as electronic power, natural gas, telecommunications, and water companies. It also regulates common carriers such as household goods movers, passenger transportation companies and rail crossing safety.
About California LifeLine
California LifeLine is a state program providing discounted basic home phone services to eligible households. Qualified residents can contact and inform their home phone companies for the application for California LifeLine. As the application begins, you will get an application form, and submit your application within 45 days.
Various discounts are available for different applicants according to the phone services they have subscribed. The discounts are accessible for subscribers of flat-rate local telephone service, measured local telephone service, phone service for consumers living on tribal lands, and so on.
How can you apply for California LifeLine?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- You need to have access to the internet.
- You need to ensure that you are qualified for the application.
- You need to firstly contact your phone company and receive the application form with a PIN number within 3 weeks.
- Visit the website of California LifeLine Online Account Access at http://www.californialifeline.com/online.
- Enter your home telephone number and the PIN number printed on the application form you have received.
- Select in the drop-down menu the way you heard about California LifeLine, and click “Login”.
- Then you have submitted your application, just wait for the notice from California LifeLine that your application is accepted.
- You may have a closer look at the discounts, qualification, and application procedures of California LifeLine at: http://www.cpuc.ca.gov/PUC/Telco/Public+Programs/lifelinedetails.htm#discounts.
As an eligible applicant, you may now contact your local phone company to start your application for California LifeLine. With your telephone number and the PIN number you receive in the application form, you can finish your application online to access to the discounts you are qualified for.