Get the GED to Enlist the Army via ARMY.COM
About the Army.com
Provided by FanMail.com, Army.com is a website that provides valuable Information about the US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, Marine Corps, and Coast Guard. It's not an official website but with the support of the former military members and families, it is a very good guide for people who want to enlist or want to find a job in the army.
About the GED at Army.com
The GED test is consisting of five different subjects: Science, Math, Social studies, Reading and Writing. At Army.com, those who want to enlist in the Army but don't have a high school diploma can take GED. A passing score on each section of the test is 410. Since the scores of GED is separately on a scale from 200 to 800, having an overall score of 2250 means that you've passed the test. There are GED course in every state of the country. But pay attention that the requirement can be different.
Get to know more about GED at Army.com can be the first choice if you want to enlist the army. The website shares with you the experience of enlisting the army. It's useful and efficient if you want to get the qualification.
How Can You Get Your GED to Enlist the Army via ARMY.COM?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Go to the Army.com website at: http://www.army.com/.
- There is an option marked "Education" on the homepage, choose "Getting your GED" in the submenu.
- For getting your GED, first, you need to find out requirements for taking the GED test in your state at: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/jurisdiction-testing-policies.
- Refer to the information that is given at http://army.com/school/ged/step2 . And study for GED.
- Find a testing center at: http://www.gedtestingservice.com/testers/locate-a-testing-center and sign up for the GED. Notice that whether you can take the text online or have to go to the testing center to finish it on paper.
- Take the GED test as required in your state.
- Contact your testing center to find out your score, make sure you pass all the sections. If you didn't pass one or more sections, you are able to take it again. After that, you'll get your GED qualification to enlist the army.
High diploma is needed when enlisting the Army. If you don't have it, you can take the GED. Don't worry, never too late to take it.