Enroll As a Member of AARP to Enjoy Benefits
First established by Dr. Ethel Percy Andrus, a retired educator, in 1958, American Association of Retired Persons (AARP) is a non-governmental organization and interest group based in the United States. AARP claims to serve people aged 50 and over, and "dedicated to enhancing quality of life for all as we age". As one of the most powerful lobbying groups in the United States, AARP provides a wide range of unique benefits, special products, and services for its members.
About AARP Membership
The mission statement of AARP is that ""We are a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization that helps people 50 and over improve the quality of their lives."" As a member of AARP, you can enjoy all the benefits provided. To enroll as a member of AARP, you need to pay an annual fee of $16. The joining process is very simple and easy, which can be done within minutes through the Internet.
As a member of AARP, the powerful lobbying group, you have support when claiming for your rights. You'll enjoy discounts on travel and everyday savings. Once you've become a member of AARP, your spouse or partner can enjoy free membership.
How Can You Enroll to Be a Member of AARP?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A valid email address.
- An ebank account.
- Go to the homepage of AARP at http://www.aarp.com/.
- Click on the button marked "JOIN NOW" at the middle right part of the page.
- Fill in the information as required, choose a payment package, and click on the button marked "next step: BILLING" at the bottom of the page.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to purchase and complete enrolling.
- For further information, refer to the FAQ center at http://www.aarp.org/help/
As a non-profit organization, AARP helps people improve the quality of their lives. Enrolled to be a member of AARP, you can enjoy many benefits it brings you, as well as getting important information on health, medicare, and Social Security.