Register for the new FamilySearch
About The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is usually called the Mormon Church. It was founded by Joseph Smith in as early as 1830. The Church believes in strong families, service and good citizenship. In order to spread its values and faith to the world, the Mormon Church operates many websites such as LDS.org, Newsroom.LDS.org, Familysearch.org, etc.
About new FamilySearch
Operated by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, FamilySearch is the biggest genealogy organization around the world. It stores various kinds of genealogical records and provides them free of charge for the general public. The new FamilySearch is a modification based on FamilySearch so as to provide better services. People need to register by providing either their personal information or LDS Membership details to enjoy the services of the website.
After registration, people will be able to check the genealogical records conveniently. In this way, they can learn more about the history of their families and about themselves.
How can you register for the new FamilySearch?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- Personal information such as name, gender and e-mail for the general public.
- LDS Membership Record Number and date of birth for members of the LDS Church.
- Go to the homepage of the new FamilySearch at: http://new.familysearch.org, and click on the button marked, "Register for the new Family Search" at the left bottom of the web page.
- Choose "FamilySearch Account" if you belong to the general public. Then enter your name, password, gender, e-mail, etc., and click "Register".
- Choose "LDS FamilySearch Account" if your are a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and click "Continue". Enter your Membership Record Number and birth date, complete your profile, and finally confirm your e-mail to finish registration.
- For further information, refer to the homepage of the new FamilySearch at: http://new.familysearch.org.
If you are interested in your family history and want to learn more, the new FamilySearch is the right place for you to visit. Register with either your personal information or LDS Membership details to check the genealogical records conveniently.