Search for Jobs at Directgov
Directgov, launched in April 2004, is the UK government's digital service providing public services all in one place for people in England and Wales.
About the Directgov Jobseekers
The Directgov Jobseekers helps its users search for jobs with its vast updated databases of job vacancies. There are a great number of new jobs available every week. Search tips are also introduced on the website. It is easy and simple to use.
Directgov Jobseekers allows you to search the latest jobs online. With the help of the Jobseekers, you will be able to find a job that suits you. It is quite helpful and convenient.
How can you search for jobs at Directgov?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Go to the Directgov Jobseekers website at: http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk.
- Enter what you are looking for and a location or postcode in the relevant boxes. There are a number of search options which can be combined.
- You can use the "Distance" drop down menu to set the size of the area for your job search.
- For a more specific search, you can also search by hours, perm/temp, age of vacancy or working pattern.
- You can click the "Job categories" link to search jobs by category or search for all types of job.
- To search for a voluntary opportunity, click the "Search for voluntary work" link at the bottom of the page.
- After specifying your search criteria, click on the button marked "Search", jobs that match your conditions will then be listed on-screen. You can click on a job to see more details.
- For further information, refer to the Search Tips at: http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailhds.aspx?sessionid=719080da-4d21-437d-862d-65244c939f32&pid=2&d=SearchTips.
If you are looking for a job, you should try the Directgov's Jobseekers service and find a job that matches your interests.