Check Your Medicare Coverage Online
Administered by the U.S. federal government since 1965, medicare is a national social insurance program aimed to guarantee qualified Americans the health insurance. Medicare.gov is the official U.S. government site for medicare. On this website, you can find almost everything related to your medicare and manage your health insurance online.
About checking your medicare coverage online
As the official U.S. government site for medicare, medicare.gov allows people to check their medicare coverage online. Medicare.gov offers two ways to check your coverage. You may type in your test, service or item into the searching field to check whether it is covered, or you can also log in to view your medicare coverage through your account.
Checking your medicare coverage at medicare.gov is very simple and easy, which can be done within minutes. With no money charged, you have full access to your medicare status. You can also manage your medicare account conveniently at the same site.
How can you check your medicare coverage online?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A medicare.gov account. If you don't have one, create it at https://www.mymedicare.gov/registration.aspx.
- Go to the homepage of medicare coverage at http://www.medicare.gov/coverage.
- Type in your test, item or service into the searching field and click "Go". There will be a list of searching results, you may choose the most relevant one and click in to see the detail.
- You are recommended to check your medicare coverage through your medicare.gov account. Click "MyMedicare.gov Login" at the top right corner of the page.
- Scroll your mouse down, find the log in section, type in your user name and password, and then click "Sign In".
- Follow the instructions on the instructions to check your coverage.
- For a comprehensive list of all coverage items please visit the CMS.gov Medicare Coverage Database at http://www.cms.gov/medicare-coverage-database/.
If you are not very clear about what items and services are covered for you, medicare.com provides the best help. You can check your medicare coverage very conveniently at their site within minutes, and with no fee charged!