Apply for Retirement Benefits Online to Avoid Trouble
www.ssa.gov is the official website of United States Social Security Administration (SSA), which was formed in 1935 and now headquartered in Maryland. SSA is an independent agency of the federal government that administers the nation's Social Security. With a nationwide network of over 1,400 offices, SSA delivers "Social Security services that meet the changing needs of the public", as its mission statement goes.
About the Retirement Benefits
Every American citizen who works and pays Social Security taxes earns “credits” toward Social Security benefits. Once you've earned enough "credits" at a full retirement age, you will be rewarded retirement benefits. As part of the retirement plan of almost all American workers, Social Security provides retirement benefits for those who are eligible. The amount of your retirement benefits depends on your earnings and your age.
Social Security allows American workers to apply for their retirement benefits online. The application process is very simple and easy, which can be completed within half an hour. The only thing you need is but a wired computer.
How can you apply for the retirement benefits online?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- A Social Security number.
- A valid email address.
- Go to the homepage of SSA at http://www.ssa.gov/.
- Click on the tag marked "Retirement".
- Click on the button marked "Apply for Retirement".
- In the section titled "To Start the Application Process", click "I am applying for myself". Then click "I am not blind or visually impaired; or, I am not applying for myself" and then click on the button marked "Apply for Benefits".
- Fill in your personal information as required and click "Next".
- Provide the+B15 general informaion and click "Next".
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete.
- For further information, please refer to the FAQ center at http://ssa-custhelp.ssa.gov/.
We work, we earn, and once we retire, we get benefits. Social Security allows all eligible American workers to apply for their retirement benefits online, which helps them save a lot of time and trouble.