Apply for a Disaster Assistance for Financial Help
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) has a long history dating back to over 200 years ago. It is an agency of the United States Department of Homeland Security with nearly 8,000 employees, which was established to provide on-the-ground support of disaster recovery efforts and to coordinate the response to a big disaster that a state alone cannot handle.
About the Disaster Assistance
Disaster assistance is a financial or direct assistance provided by FEMA to help individuals and families who have suffered property loss in a federally-declared disaster and whose lost properties are not covered by insurance. You are qualified to apply for a disaster assistance only when your losses have occurred in an area covered by a disaster declaration
Applying for a disaster assistance online with the help of FEMA can be simple and easy, which saves you the trouble of driving to an insurance agency or else. The disaster assistance of FEMA covers a lot, including housing needs, disaster-related medical and dental expenses, fuels for primary heat source and the like.
How Can You Apply for a Disaster Assistance Online With the Help of FEMA?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- Your Social Security Number.
- A bank account for money transfer.
- A valid email address.
- Go to the homepage of FEMA disaster assistance at http://www.disasterassistance.gov/.
- Click on the button marked "Apply Online".
- Please type the characters appearing in the picture and click "Submit".
- Read the information on the screen and click "Start".
- Read the registration instruction on the screen and click "Next".
- Read the Privacy Act Statement, check the box to suggest that you accept the privacy act, and then click "Next".
- Fill in your personal information and click "Next",
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete.
- For further information, refer to the FAQ center at http://faq.fema.gov/.
If you've suffered from severe disasters and lost your property, don't hesitate to apply for disaster assistance with the help of FEMA. Your property losses can be covered when you are qualified for this assistance.