File An Unemployment Claim In Michigan Online
About Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs
Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs is a department belongs to the State of Michigan. The department collaborates with Unemployment Insurance Agency. It works on many issues and problems regarding public licensing and other affairs. The claim for unemployment benefits is also regulated by this department.
About Michigan Internet Filed Claims Service
The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs allows you to file for unemployment benefits easily by using its Internet Filed Claims service. The online application is available from 7:00 a.m. Monday to 7:00 p.m. Saturday. The system will automatically deal with your claim; all you have to do is answer the questions and submit the application form at the end of the process. And you will get responses soon.
It is fairly convenient and trouble-saving for those who are between jobs to file an unemployment claim at Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs via its Internet Filed Claims service. The application procedure will take you nearly 45 minutes to complete; everything will be done by the system.
How Can You File An Unemployment Claim At Michigan Department of Licensing And Regulatory Affairs?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A device with internet access.
- If you need to file a new claim, you should have worked in the State of Michigan for 18 months under only one Social Security Number, and at the same time, you should never file a claim in other states.
- If you need to file an additional claim, you should be in an effective Benefit Year.
- Go to visit the UIA online service page at: www.michigan.gov/uia, click "File a Claim".
- Read the notice and choose “File Online”. Enter a new page and click “Michigan Web Account Manager for Claimants and Employers”.
- You need to sign in first.
- Follow the instructions step by step to finish the file.
- To contact UIA, please go to: http://www.michigan.gov/uia/0,1607,7-118-6006-11782--,00.html.