About the Florida Department of Children and Families
The Florida Department of Children and Families is a part of the Florida State government responsible for managing programs and services aimed at improving the lives of its citizens. Their complete social services system is tasked with the mission of creating healthy, self-sufficient families in Florida.
About the Benefits from Florida Department of Children and Families
The Florida Department of Children and Families currently offers benefits for qualifying families in need. These benefits include: food assistance, temporary cash assistance, and Medicaid. You can apply for these benefits online; the application process takes about 30 minutes for most users.
If you and your family are having serious trouble making ends meet, such that feeding your family, paying the rent, or gaining access to the most basic medical care has become difficult or impossible, then you may be eligible for benefits from the Florida Department of Children and Families including cash and health care. Application is free and can be easily done online at any computer with internet access.
How can you apply for benefits from the Florida Department of Children and Families?
Before you begin, you will need to prepare the following:
- A computer with internet access.
- You must be a legal resident of the State of Florida.
- You must agree to take a drug test and be able to pass it.
- During the process you may need certain information handy, such as your Social Security Number, your employment history, asset information, housing expenses, health insurance information, and proof of identity and residency status.
- Go to the Florida Department of Children and Families website at: http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/index.shtml.
- Click on the link marked, “Apply for Benefits,” in the green box at the upper right hand corner of the page.
- On the next page, click on the box marked, “Apply for Benefits.”
- Read through the application advice and guidelines, then click on the button marked, “Continue.”
- Tick on the circle indicating that you wish to apply for benefits and then click on the button marked, “Continue.”
- Answer the questions as directed and then click on the button marked, “Continue.”
- You will be given an Access online number and then you must choose a password. Note this number and password down, since you will need it later to review or change your application. Then, click on the button marked, “Continue.”
- Enter your personal information into the required fields as directed until you have completed the online part of the application process.
- If necessary, the Florida Department of Children and Families will schedule an appointment with you for an interview to complete your application.
- If your application is approved, a letter will be sent to you explaining what benefits you will receive.
- For further information, please refer to the Florida Department of Children and Families FAQ at: http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/contact/contact_ACCESS.shtml.
You can save yourself a lot of hassle applying for benefits from the Florida Department of Children and Families if you fill out your application online.